Interconnecting Dance and Film.
– That´s what LongLeg Productions stands for.
Whether you use dance in a film project, on stage, employ dancers to impress your staff and customers, or even incorporate your own employees, at big events, LongLeg Productions is the right partner for you. I offer unique choreography design and support for everything from selecting the right dancers to caring for the set at your event.
Sample of a choreography piece from LongLeg Productions
(Telemaz Commercials, Berlin - Werbespot “Red cross – stars”)
Designing Choreography for Film, Stage and Events
- Film, with its great ability to capture scenes with many different angles, settings- and shot options, is the medium through with the beauty, ease and emotion of dance can be powefully conveyed.
- Again, dance, when used properly, is a great way to emphasize the feeling of the protagonist’s world, or the witnessing of a story, and all the drama that it is capable of being.
- At large events such as corporate celebrations, dance and choreography can be used to convey messages, creating a social experience, which can filmed and edited then distributed to the participants for lasting joyous memories.
- Dance Theater
- small, simple step combinations
- Music selection
- Choice of dancers
- Level of dancers (amateur to professional)
- Dance style
- Duration of choreography
Before each contract, I also advise you on which dancers can do what and how many are available along with the duration necessary for realizing the project.
My goal is a close collaboration that matches wishes and ideas.
Organising Dance Auditions
You are looking for the right candidate for your commercial, film or corporate video? With my experiences and contacts, I can arrange a complete casting according to your specifications.I will
- assemble dancers for you to choose from, according to casting size and specifications
(my contacts last from dance school, professional companies, up to the free dancing scene in Berlin),
- organise the premises,
- plan the auditions / are responsible for the casting schedule,
- design a short choreography piece adapted to your project, and dance requirements,
- lead the warm-up and the rehearsal of choreographies with the dancers at the casting
- create a professional casting-video including casting brief interviews with the dancers (to support your decision-making).
Learn and Rehearse the Choreography
- Performers at all levels including dancers, actors, your employees and even child-performers.
- Within a timeframe that most particularly suits your goal.
I can organise a rehearsal studio as well as a rehearsal schedule according to your request.If the choreography is for a film, I can also produce a short rehearsal video for the purpose of assisting the director and the director of photography to compile a shotlist and find the right location for the shoot.
Management of Dancers on Set / at the EventWhether it’s a dancer, an actor, an amateur, or a child, through my years of experience on set and at events, I know what really matters. So I can provide individual support on the day of filming or day of the event.
- Explain behaviour and conditions of the set
- Keeping the dancers´ focus off the camera
- Explain camera settings and effects if necessary
- Coaching the dancers through stage fright
- Pre-shooting warm-up
- Keeping the energy level high between performances and during breaks.
- Be the intermediary between dancers and 1. AD
- Coaching the dancers before each take in order to get the maximum expression in the performance
- Correction and feedback during the shoot, via consultation with the Director
- Spontaneous changes to the choreography if necessary
- Introduction on day of event
- Explain the environmental conditions
- Provide hosts for communicating the theme of your event
- Upon request, small coaching practice at the beginning for better group dynamics
- Time management: schedule so everyone knows where to be and when
- Coordination of video recording
- Trustworthy contact for all participants
Calculated according to the scope of the concept, the preparation time and the shooting days or event days. You can simply inquire via e-mail and I will be pleased to provide you with a quote immediately, free of obligation. Or just give me a call now. I´ll be glad to assist you.
Thank you very much for your interest in my choreography and directing services!
Please send me a brief description of your concept and I will contact you right away with an offer - free of obligation!